Ember Connect is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced Members and Allies to join the board as non-executive directors.
The Ember Connect board currently comprises 6 women, half of whom identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander by descent. A board member will be retiring at the end of 2023.
There are 3 vacancies of which 2 must be filled by Members identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by descent.
Eligibility & Requirements
To be appointed as a director, you must be a member (or willing to become a member and submit an application for membership) and hold (or apply for) a Director ID and not be disqualified from being a director under the Corporations Act or ACNC Act.
The particular skills and experience being sought are:-
- Financial background (CPA or CA qualifications are highly desirable);
- Corporate governance (AICD or GIA qualifications are highly desirable);
- Community and stakeholder engagement;
- Philanthropy and fundraising;
- Marketing and HR.
You will be expected to:
– Attend approximately 6 board meetings per year and ad hoc board meetings from time to time.
– Expected time commitment is 1-2 days per month.
– Attend Ember Connect networking or special events
– Attend Strategy sessions or sub-committees
– Act as Ember Connect ambassadors.
– Take on special tasks from time to time
This position is voluntary and not remunerated.
Please submit your Expression of Interest by forwarding:-
- a copy of your CV
- a short statement (no more than an A4 page) setting out your interest in the role, addressing how you meet the eligibility criteria and desired skills and experience above to Eve Howell, Board Chair firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 30 November